Sunday 2 March 2014

Gold rush


I have a confession. I've been cheating on silver. Since receiving my first proper piece of jewellery in my teens (the obligatory Tiffany heart bracelet, of course), silver has been my precious metal of choice. Although these days, mixing metals is far from a fashion faux pas, I've often found gold a little bit brassy and blingy, and have stuck loyally to silver.

Our fashion and interior choices often go hand in hand, and when decorating my apartment, I naturally thought I'd turn to silver for a metallic accent. But lately, my eye's been drawn to gleaming gold, currently having a moment in the interiors world. It's a little more grown-up than silver, throughly modern and can instantly add a touch of luxe to the even the most humble of spaces.

Image courtesy of theeverygirl.com

If these accessories were silver, the overall look might be a tad old-fashioned, but in gold, 
the industrial lamp and retro phone bring plenty of contemporary cool.


Image courtesy of ispydiy.com


Image courtesy of showhome.nl

Feeling uninspired at work? Gold accents are sure to spark creativity. 


Image courtesy of cocolapine.wordpress.com

A sleek pendant and a couple of candlesticks make this plain white dining space shine. The feel is understated and minimal, yet warm and inviting, too.


Image courtesy of huntandbow.com.au

Who knew that lustrous gold and blush pink was such a winning combination? These pots have hit first place on my wish list.


Tom Dixon Eclectic candle Gatsby cushion       Concrete gold plated vase

           Gold leaf print      Coco Republic twisted table   Leif gold-dipped spoons      

From top left: Tom Dixon candle, Aura By Tracie Ellis cushion, MenschMade vase,
Lear Gaukur print, Coco Republic side table, Leif spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment